(1) The department of insurance, state fire marshal or authorized agency described in section 41-291, Idaho Code, which has received any information furnished pursuant to section 41-258, 41-290 or 41-292, Idaho Code, shall hold the information and the information shall be subject to disclosure according to chapter 1, title 74, Idaho Code.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-296
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
(2) Any authorized agency referred to in section 41-291, Idaho Code, or their personnel, may be required to testify in any litigation in which the insurance company at interest is named as a party, if such testimony is not otherwise privileged by law.