(1) No person or agency shall intentionally or knowingly refuse to release any information requested pursuant to section 41-292(1) or (3), Idaho Code.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-297
- Authorized agencies: shall mean :
Idaho Code 41-291
Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant. Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement. Person: means a natural person, company, corporation, unincorporated association, partnership, professional corporation and any other legal entity. See Idaho Code 41-291 Relevant: means information having any tendency to make the existence of any fact that is of consequence to the investigation or determination of the issue more probable or less probable than it would be without the evidence. See Idaho Code 41-291
(2) No person shall intentionally or knowingly refuse to provide authorized agencies relevant information pursuant to section 41-292(2), Idaho Code.
(3) No person shall fail to hold in confidence information required to be held in confidence by section 41-296, Idaho Code.
(4) Whoever violates subsection (1), (2) or (3) of this section, is guilty of a misdemeanor, and upon conviction, shall be punished by a fine not to exceed one thousand dollars ($1,000). In addition to any criminal penalty, if the person is an insurance company or other person licensed by or regulated by the director of insurance, the director may, after hearing thereon, impose an administrative penalty on the violator not to exceed five thousand dollars ($5,000).