(1) The provisions of this chapter shall not be construed to affect or repeal any ordinance of any municipality relating to fire prevention or the control of arson or fraud, but the jurisdiction of the state fire marshal, the director, department of insurance, and the director, Idaho state police, in such municipality is to be concurrent with that of the municipal and county authorities.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 41-298
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(2) With the exception of section 41-291(7), Idaho Code, all other provisions of this chapter shall not be construed to impair any existing statutory or common law rights or powers.