As used in this act:
(1) "Local unit of government" means a county, city or a town.
Terms Used In Idaho Code 55-2604
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
(2) "Person" means an individual, proprietorship, partnership, corporation, club, or other legal entity.
(3) "Sport shooting range" or "range" means an area designed and operated for the use of rifles, shotguns, pistols, silhouettes, skeet, trap, black powder, archery, or any other similar sport shooting.
(4) "Outdoor sport shooting range" means any range described in subsection (3) of this section, including any range operated exclusively for the use of law enforcement, with the exception of:
(a) Any totally enclosed facility that is designed to offer a totally controlled shooting environment that includes impenetrable walls, floors, and ceilings, adequate ventilation, lighting systems and acoustical treatment for sound attenuation; or
(b) Any range described in chapter 91, title 67, Idaho Code.
(5) "Substantial change in use" means that the current primary use of the range no longer represents the activity previously engaged in at the range. The following actions shall not constitute a substantial change in use:
(a) Expanding or increasing membership or opportunities for public or law enforcement participation related to the primary activity as a shooting range;
(b) Making repairs or improvements to enhance safety or noise abatement;
(c) Increasing events and activities related to the primary activity as a shooting range;
(d) Acquiring additional lands to be used for buffer zones or noise mitigation efforts;
(e) Establishing or expanding range use hours between 7:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m.;
(f) Establishing or expanding law enforcement agency range use hours between 10:00 p.m. and 7:00 a.m.