Terms Used In Idaho Code 74-602
- Advocate: means to campaign for or against a candidate or the outcome of a ballot measure. See Idaho Code 74-603
- Ballot measure: means constitutional amendments, bond measures or levy measures. See Idaho Code 74-603
- Candidate: means and includes every person for whom it is contemplated or desired that votes be cast at any political convention, primary, general, local or special election and who either tacitly or expressly consents to be so considered. See Idaho Code 74-603
- Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114
- Public funds: means any money received by a public entity from appropriations, taxes, fees, interest or other returns on investment. See Idaho Code 74-603
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
The legislature finds that it is against the public policy of the state of Idaho for public funds, resources or property to be used to advocate for or against a candidate or ballot measure.