(1) Any public official or employee who conducts or participates in an activity that violates the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a civil penalty not to exceed two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
(2) Any public official or employee who knowingly violates the provisions of this chapter shall be subject to a civil penalty not to exceed one thousand five hundred dollars ($1,500).
Terms Used In Idaho Code 74-606
- Public official: means an elected or appointed member of a public entity who has:
Idaho Code 74-603
State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114
(3) Any public official or employee who knowingly violates any provision of this chapter and who has previously admitted to committing or has been previously determined to have committed a violation pursuant to subsection (2) of this section within the twelve (12) months preceding this subsequent violation shall be subject to a civil penalty not to exceed two thousand five hundred dollars ($2,500).
(4) The attorney general shall have the duty to enforce this chapter in relation to public agencies of state government, and the prosecuting attorneys of the various counties shall have the duty to enforce this chapter in relation to local public agencies within their respective jurisdictions. In the event that there is reason to believe that a violation of the provisions of this act has been committed by members of a board of county commissioners or, for any other reason a county prosecuting attorney is deemed disqualified from proceeding to enforce this chapter, the prosecuting attorney or board of county commissioners shall seek to have a special prosecutor appointed for that purpose, as provided in section 31-2603, Idaho Code.