Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 18 > Chapter 22
- access: means to instruct, communicate with, store data in, retrieve data from or otherwise make use of any resources of a computer, computer system, or computer network. See Idaho Code 30-29-746
- Computer: means , but is not limited to, an electronic device which performs logical, arithmetic, or memory functions by the manipulations of electronic or magnetic impulses, and includes all input, output, processing, storage, software, or communication facilities which are connected or related to such a device in a system or network. See Idaho Code 30-29-746
- Computer network: means , but is not limited to, the interconnection of communication lines (including microwave or other means of electronic communication) with a computer through remote terminals, or a complex consisting of two (2) or more interconnected computers. See Idaho Code 30-29-746
- Computer software: means , but is not limited to, computer programs, procedures, and associated documentation concerned with the operation of a computer system. See Idaho Code 30-29-746
- Computer system: means , but is not limited to, a set of related, connected or unconnected, computer equipment, devices, and software. See Idaho Code 30-29-746
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Foreign corporation: means a corporation incorporated under a law other than the law of this state which would be a business corporation if incorporated under the laws of this state. See Idaho Code 30-29-140
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Litigation: A case, controversy, or lawsuit. Participants (plaintiffs and defendants) in lawsuits are called litigants.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit. Property: includes , but is not limited to, financial instruments, information, including electronically produced data, and computer software and programs in either machine or human readable form, and any other tangible or intangible item of value. See Idaho Code 30-29-746 Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Services: include , but are not limited to, computer time, data processing, and storage functions. See Idaho Code 30-29-746