Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 55 > Chapter 2
- Grantor: The person who establishes a trust and places property into it.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Life estate: A property interest limited in duration to the life of the individual holding the interest (life tenant).
- Month: means a calendar month, unless otherwise expressed. See Idaho Code 73-114
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way. Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land. Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.