Terms Used In Idaho Code > Title 67 > Chapter 74
- Administrative costs: means personnel costs, capital outlay, and reasonable expenses incurred by other state agencies to effectuate the purposes of this chapter. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Commission: means the Idaho state lottery commission. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Director: means the director of the lottery. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Executive session: A portion of the Senate's daily session in which it considers executive business.
- Expenses: means all costs of doing business including, but not limited to, prizes, commissions and other compensation paid to retailers, advertising and marketing costs, personnel costs, capital outlay, reasonable expenses incurred by other state agencies to effectuate the purposes of this chapter, depreciation of property and equipment, and other operating costs, all of which are to be recorded on the accrual basis of accounting in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiduciary: A trustee, executor, or administrator.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Garnishment: Generally, garnishment is a court proceeding in which a creditor asks a court to order a third party who owes money to the debtor or otherwise holds assets belonging to the debtor to turn over to the creditor any of the debtor
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lottery contractor: means a person with whom the lottery has contracted for the purposes of providing goods and services for the state lottery. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Lottery revenue: means revenue derived from the sale of lottery tickets and shares. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Major procurement: means any contract with a vendor supplying lottery tickets or shares, data processing systems utilized to track, sell, distribute or validate lottery tickets or shares, any goods or services involving the determination or generation of winners in any lottery game or any auditing services. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Net income: means lottery revenue and nonlottery revenue, less expenses, as defined in this chapter. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: shall be construed to mean and include an individual, association, corporation, club, trust, estate, society, company, joint stock company, receiver, trustee, assignee, referee or any other person acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity, whether appointed by a court or otherwise, and any combination of individuals. See Idaho Code 67-7404
- person: includes a corporation as well as a natural person;
Idaho Code 73-114
Property: includes both real and personal property. See Idaho Code 73-114 Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. Redemption value: means the sum total of all winnings upon the ticket presented for payment. See Idaho Code 67-7404 Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. retailer: means a person with whom the lottery has contracted for the purpose of selling tickets or shares in lottery games to the public. See Idaho Code 67-7404 Share: means any intangible evidence of participation in a game conducted by the state lottery. See Idaho Code 67-7404 State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories; and the words "United States" may include the District of Columbia and territories. See Idaho Code 73-114 state lottery: means the state lottery established and operated pursuant to this chapter. See Idaho Code 67-7404 Statute: A law passed by a legislature. Ticket: means any tangible evidence issued by the lottery to provide participation in a game conducted by the state lottery. See Idaho Code 67-7404 Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust. Value: means any ticket shall be taken at face value. See Idaho Code 67-7404 vendor: means any person who submits a bid, proposal or offer as part of a major procurement for goods or services as defined in subsection (11) of this section. See Idaho Code 67-7404