Illinois Compiled Statutes > 725 ILCS 220 – Uniform Act to Secure the Attendance of Witnesses from Within or Without a State in Criminal Proceedings
Current as of: 2023 | Check for updates | Other versions
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 725 ILCS 220 - Uniform Act to Secure the Attendance of Witnesses from Within or Without a State in Criminal Proceedings
- Beneficiary: A person who is entitled to receive the benefits or proceeds of a will, trust, insurance policy, retirement plan, annuity, or other contract. Source: OCC
- Board: means the Board of Trustees of the University or its successor. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 671/16-5
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.
- Project: means and includes revenue producing buildings, structures and facilities which, as determined by the Board, are required by, or necessary for the use or benefit of, such University, including, without limiting the generality of the foregoing, student residence halls; apartments; staff housing facilities; dormitories; health, hospital or medical facilities; dining halls; student union buildings; field houses; stadiums; physical education installations and facilities; auditoriums; facilities for student or staff services; any facility or building leased to the United States of America; off-street parking facilities; heretofore, or as may be hereafter, acquired, with all equipment and appurtenant facilities; or any one, or more than one, or all, of the foregoing, or any combination thereof, for such University. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 671/16-5
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Trust account: A general term that covers all types of accounts in a trust department, such as estates, guardianships, and agencies. Source: OCC
- University: means and includes Governors State University, located at University Park, Illinois, and its branches. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 110 ILCS 671/16-5
- Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.