Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 725 ILCS 220 - Uniform Act to Secure the Attendance of Witnesses from Within or Without a State in Criminal Proceedings
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- Subpoena: A command to a witness to appear and give testimony.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.