|§ 21.2||Employees of the United States serving as witnesses|
|§ 21.4||Fees and allowances of fact witnesses|
|§ 21.5||Use of table of distances|
|§ 21.6||Proceedings in forma pauperis.|
|§ 21.7||Certification of witness attendance|
Terms Used In 28 CFR Part 21 - Witness Fees
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assistant U.S. Attorney: A federal prosecutor who represents the U.S. government and its citizens when a federal statute has been violated.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Outlays: Outlays are payments made (generally through the issuance of checks or disbursement of cash) to liquidate obligations. Outlays during a fiscal year may be for payment of obligations incurred in prior years or in the same year.
- Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed.