|§ 21.2||Employees of the United States serving as witnesses|
|§ 21.4||Fees and allowances of fact witnesses|
|§ 21.5||Use of table of distances|
|§ 21.6||Proceedings in forma pauperis.|
|§ 21.7||Certification of witness attendance|
Terms Used In 28 CFR Part 21 - Witness Fees
- Assistant U.S. Attorney: A federal prosecutor who represents the U.S. government and its citizens when a federal statute has been violated.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Grand jury: agreement providing that a lender will delay exercising its rights (in the case of a mortgage,
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Summons: Another word for subpoena used by the criminal justice system.
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.