|Article I||General Provisions|
|Article II||Civil No Contact Orders|
|Article III||Law Enforcement Responsibilities|
Terms Used In Illinois Compiled Statutes > 740 ILCS 22 - Civil No Contact Order Act
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Attachment: A procedure by which a person's property is seized to pay judgments levied by the court.
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Chief judge: The judge who has primary responsibility for the administration of a court but also decides cases; chief judges are determined by seniority.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Reporter: Makes a record of court proceedings and prepares a transcript, and also publishes the court's opinions or decisions (in the courts of appeals).
- Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party.
- sworn: shall be construed to include the word "affirmed. See Illinois Compiled Statutes 5 ILCS 70/1.12
- Testify: Answer questions in court.