Terms Used In Virginia Code > Title 9.1 > Chapter 13
- Adoption: means the transfer of ownership of a dog or a cat, or any other companion animal, from a releasing agency to an individual. See Virginia Code 3.2-6500
- Animal: means any nonhuman vertebrate species except fish. See Virginia Code 3.2-6500
- Animal control officer: means a person appointed as an animal control officer or deputy animal control officer as provided in § Virginia Code 3.2-6500
- New owner: means an individual who is legally competent to enter into a binding agreement pursuant to subdivision B 2 of § Virginia Code 3.2-5900
- sterilization: means a surgical or chemical procedure performed by a licensed veterinarian that renders a dog or cat permanently incapable of reproducing. See Virginia Code 3.2-6500
- Supreme Court: means the Supreme Court of Virginia. See Virginia Code 1-249
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.