|§ 7A-474.16||Legislative findings and purpose|
|§ 7A-474.18||Eligible activities and limitations|
|§ 7A-474.20||Records and reports|
Terms Used In North Carolina General Statutes > Chapter 7A > Article 37B
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Applicant: means (i) in the case of an individual Medicare supplement policy or subscriber contract, the person who seeks to contract for insurance benefits; and (ii) in the case of a group Medicare supplement policy or subscriber contract, the proposed certificate holder. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-54-1
- Applicant: means :
North Carolina General Statutes 58-55-20
- Group policy: means a group accident and health insurance policy issued by an insurance company and a group contract issued by a service corporation or health maintenance organization or similar corporation or organization. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-53-1
- in writing: may be construed to include printing, engraving, lithographing, and any other mode of representing words and letters: Provided, that in all cases where a written signature is required by law, the same shall be in a proper handwriting, or in a proper mark. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- insured: refer to coverage under a group policy, individual policy or converted policy on a premium-paying basis, and do not include coverage provided by reason of a disability extension. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-53-1
- Insurer: means any insurance company which is authorized under Articles 1 through 64 of this Chapter to transact accident and health insurance business in this State. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-52-1
- Insurer: means the entity issuing a group policy or an individual or converted policy. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-53-1
- Insurer: includes entities subject to Articles 65 through 67 of this Chapter. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-54-1
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Legal assistance: means the provision of any legal services, as defined by Chapter 84 of the General Statutes, consistent with this Article. See North Carolina General Statutes 7A-474.17
- Long-term care insurance: includes :
- Policy: means a Medicare supplement policy, which is a group or individual policy of accident and health insurance under Articles 1 through 64 of this Chapter, a subscriber contract under Articles 65 and 66 of this Chapter, or an evidence of coverage under Article 67 of this Chapter, other than a policy issued pursuant to a contract under section 1876 or section 1833 of the federal Social Security Act (42 U. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-54-1
- Policy: means any policy, contract, certificate, subscriber agreement, rider, or endorsement delivered or issued for delivery in this State by an insurer, fraternal benefit society, nonprofit health, hospital or medical service corporation, prepaid health plan, health maintenance organization, or any similar organization. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-55-20
- Premium: includes any premium or other consideration payable for coverage under a group or individual policy. See North Carolina General Statutes 58-53-1
- property: shall include all property, both real and personal. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories, so called; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: shall be construed to include the said district and territories and all dependencies. See North Carolina General Statutes 12-3