(1) Title by will or descent.
Terms Used In Indiana Code 32-20-2-7
- Deed: The legal instrument used to transfer title in real property from one person to another.
- Executor: A male person named in a will to carry out the decedent
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Sheriff: means the sheriff of the county or another person authorized to perform sheriff's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
(3) Title by trustee‘s, referee’s, guardian‘s, executor‘s, administrator’s, commissioner’s, or sheriff‘s deed.
(4) Title by decree of a court.
(5) Title by warranty deed, quitclaim deed, or mortgage.
[Pre-2002 Recodification Citation: 32-1-5-8(f).]
As added by P.L.2-2002, SEC.5.