Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 13 > Article 19 - Solid Waste and Hazardous Waste Management Generally
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- East Chicago area of special concern: means all areas of East Chicago in which:
Indiana Code 13-19-7-1
- EPA: refers to the United States Environmental Protection Agency. See Indiana Code 13-19-7-2
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- IHCDA: refers to the Indiana housing and community development authority created by IC 5-20-1-3. See Indiana Code 13-19-7-3
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land.
- real property: include lands, tenements, and hereditaments. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5