|§ 32-20-5-1||Filing notices to slander title prohibited|
|§ 32-20-5-2||Filing claim to slander title; claimant’s liability for costs and damages|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 32 > Article 20 > Chapter 5
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Plaintiff: The person who files the complaint in a civil lawsuit.