|Chapter 1||Interference with State Government|
|Chapter 2||Purchasing Offenses|
|Chapter 3||State Public Works Contracting|
|Chapter 4||Confidentiality of Records and Meetings|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 44.2
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Project IMPACT: refers to each of the affiliate organizations authorized under section 3(1) through 3(5) of this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-2-6.2-1
- Testify: Answer questions in court.
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.