|Chapter 2||Classification of Drugs|
|Chapter 3||Registration and Control|
|Chapter 4||Offenses Relating to Controlled Substances|
|Chapter 7||Central Repository for Controlled Substances Data|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 35 > Article 48
- agency: means a state or local law enforcement agency. See Indiana Code 5-2-13-1
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- board: refers to the Indiana board of pharmacy. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-2.3
- Clerk: means the clerk of the court or a person authorized to perform the clerk's duties. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- committee: refers to the INSPECT oversight committee established by section 17 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-2.5
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Discovery: Lawyers' examination, before trial, of facts and documents in possession of the opponents to help the lawyers prepare for trial.
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- dispense: has the meaning set forth in Indiana Code 35-48-7-2.9
- EEDMA program: refers to the enhanced enforcement drug mitigation area pilot program established by section 3 of this chapter. See Indiana Code 5-2-11.5-1
- ephedrine: includes only ephedrine that is dispensed pursuant to a prescription or drug order. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-3.5
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- exception report: means a record of data concerning:
Indiana Code 35-48-7-4
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Forgery: The fraudulent signing or alteration of another's name to an instrument such as a deed, mortgage, or check. The intent of the forgery is to deceive or defraud. Source: OCC
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- identification number: refers to the following:
Indiana Code 35-48-7-5
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Injunction: An order of the court prohibiting (or compelling) the performance of a specific act to prevent irreparable damage or injury.
- INSPECT: means the Indiana scheduled prescription electronic collection and tracking program established by Indiana Code 35-48-7-5.2
- institute: refers to the Indiana criminal justice institute established by Indiana Code 5-2-11.5-2
- interoperability: refers to the INSPECT program electronically sharing reported information with another state concerning the dispensing of a controlled substance:
Indiana Code 35-48-7-5.4
- Judgment: means all final orders, decrees, and determinations in an action and all orders upon which executions may issue. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- minor: means a person less than eighteen (18) years of age. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Oversight: Committee review of the activities of a Federal agency or program.
- owner: means a person that employs or contracts with at least one (1) individual to dispense a controlled substance in an office, facility, clinic, or location owned or controlled by the person. See Indiana Code 35-48-3-1.5
- pain management clinic: means a publicly or privately owned facility that primarily engages in the treatment of pain or pain management through prescribing controlled substances. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-5.5
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- patient: means an individual who has requested or received health care services from a provider for the examination, treatment, diagnosis, or prevention of a physical or mental condition. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-5.6
- practitioner: means a physician, dentist, veterinarian, podiatrist, nurse practitioner, scientific investigator, pharmacist, hospital, or other institution or individual licensed, registered, or otherwise permitted to distribute, dispense, conduct research with respect to, or administer a controlled substance in the course of professional practice or research in the United States. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-5.8
- President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service.
- pseudoephedrine: includes only pseudoephedrine that is dispensed pursuant to a prescription or drug order. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-5.9
- recipient: means an individual for whom a controlled substance is dispensed. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-6
- recipient representative: means the individual to whom a controlled substance is dispensed if the recipient is either less than eighteen (18) years of age or unavailable to receive the controlled substance. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-7
- Restitution: The court-ordered payment of money by the defendant to the victim for damages caused by the criminal action.
- state: means any state of the United States or the District of Columbia. See Indiana Code 35-48-7-7.5
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5