|Chapter 2||Development Authority and Board|
|Chapter 3||Development Authority Powers and Duties|
|Chapter 4||Financing; Issuance of Bonds; Leases|
Terms Used In Indiana Code > Title 36 > Article 7.6
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Attorney: includes a counselor or other person authorized to appear and represent a party in an action or special proceeding. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Bequest: Property gifted by will.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- in writing: include printing, lithographing, or other mode of representing words and letters. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Lien: A claim against real or personal property in satisfaction of a debt.
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Oath: includes "affirmation" and "to swear" includes to "affirm". See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Personal property: includes goods, chattels, evidences of debt, and things in action. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- real property: include lands, tenements, and hereditaments. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- Year: means a calendar year, unless otherwise expressed. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5