Terms Used In Texas Government Code Chapter 742 - Coordinating Relationships Between Local Governments and Federal Agencies
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Estate: means a decedent's property, as that property:
(1) exists originally and as the property changes in form by sale, reinvestment, or otherwise;
(2) is augmented by any accretions and other additions to the property, including any property to be distributed to the decedent's representative by the trustee of a trust that terminates on the decedent's death, and substitutions for the property; and
(3) is diminished by any decreases in or distributions from the property. See Texas Estates Code 22.012
- personal representative: include :
(1) an executor and independent executor;
(2) an administrator, independent administrator, and temporary administrator; and
(3) a successor to an executor or administrator listed in Subdivision (1) or (2). See Texas Estates Code 22.031
- Property: means real and personal property. See Texas Government Code 311.005
- Right of survivorship: The ownership rights that result in the acquisition of title to property by reason of having survived other co-owners.
- Tort: A civil wrong or breach of a duty to another person, as outlined by law. A very common tort is negligent operation of a motor vehicle that results in property damage and personal injury in an automobile accident.
- Year: means 12 consecutive months. See Texas Government Code 311.005