Section 151.1 shall not be construed to include the following classes of persons:
1. Licensed physicians and surgeons, licensed osteopathic physicians and surgeons, and physical therapists who are exclusively engaged in the practice of their respective professions.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 151.2
- board: means the board of chiropractic created under chapter 147. See Iowa Code 151.1A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- United States: includes all the states. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. Physicians and surgeons of the United States army, navy, or public health service when acting in the line of duty in this state, or to chiropractors licensed in another state, when incidentally called into this state in consultation with a chiropractor licensed in this state.
3. Students of chiropractic who have entered upon a regular course of study in a chiropractic college approved by the board, who practice chiropractic under the direction of a licensed chiropractor and in accordance with the rules of the board.