1. The cessation of a warehouse operator‘s license occurs from any of the following:
a. The revocation of the license by the department as provided in subsection 2.
b. The cancellation of the license as provided in section 203C.37.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 203C.10
- Department: means the department of agriculture and land stewardship. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- License: means a license issued under this chapter. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- Warehouse: shall mean any building, structure, or other protected enclosure in this state used or usable for the storage of agricultural products. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Warehouse operator: means a person engaged in the business of operating or controlling a warehouse for the storing, shipping, handling or processing of agricultural products, but does not include an incidental warehouse operator. See Iowa Code 203C.1
2. The department may issue an order to suspend or revoke the license of a warehouse operator who violates a provision of this chapter, including a rule adopted in accordance with this chapter pursuant to chapter 17A.
3. The department may suspend or revoke the license of a warehouse operator for failing to consent to a departmental inspection or cooperate with the department during an inspection as provided by this chapter.