1. a. Upon the filing of an application pursuant to section 203C.7 and compliance with the terms and conditions of this chapter including rules of the department, the department shall issue the applicant a warehouse operator‘s license. The license expires at the end of the third calendar month following the close of the warehouse operator’s fiscal year. A warehouse operator’s license may be renewed annually by the filing of a renewal application on a form prescribed by the department pursuant to section 203C.7. An application for renewal must be received by the department on or before the end of the third calendar month following the close of the warehouse operator’s fiscal year.
b. The department shall not approve an application for the issuance or renewal of a warehouse operator’s license unless the applicant pays all of the following fees:
(1) For the issuance of a license, all of the following:
(a) A license fee imposed under section 203C.33.
(b) A participation fee imposed under section 203D.3A, and any delinquent participation fee imposed under a previous license as provided in that section.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 203C.37
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Department: means the department of agriculture and land stewardship. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- License: means a license issued under this chapter. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- month: means a calendar month, and the word "year" and the abbreviation "A. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Person: means the same as defined in section 4. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Warehouse: shall mean any building, structure, or other protected enclosure in this state used or usable for the storage of agricultural products. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- Warehouse operator: means a person engaged in the business of operating or controlling a warehouse for the storing, shipping, handling or processing of agricultural products, but does not include an incidental warehouse operator. See Iowa Code 203C.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. The failure of a warehouse operator to file a renewal application and to pay a renewal fee as provided for in section 203C.33 and any delinquent participation fee as provided in section 203D.3A, on or before the end of the third calendar month following the close of the licensee’s fiscal year shall cause a license to expire.
3. A warehouse license that has expired may be reinstated by the department upon receipt of a proper renewal application, the renewal fee and the reinstatement fee as provided for in section 203C.33, and any delinquent participation fee as provided in section 203D.3A. The applicant must file the renewal application and pay the fees to the department within thirty days from the date that the warehouse license expires.
4. The department may cancel the license upon request of the licensee unless a complaint or information is filed against the licensee alleging a violation of a provision of this chapter.
5. a. The department shall refund a fee paid by a person to the department under this section if the department does not issue the person a license or renew the person’s license.
b. The department shall prorate a fee paid by a person to the department under this section for the issuance or renewal of a license for less than a full year.