1. A true copy of any order entered by the administrator pursuant to this chapter, along with a true copy of the return of service, if applicable, may be filed in the office of the clerk of the district court in the manner established pursuant to section 252C.4, subsection 1.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 252C.5
- Administrator: means the administrator of the child support recovery unit of the department of human services, or the administrator's designee. See Iowa Code 252C.1
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- clerk: means clerk of the court in which the action or proceeding is brought or is pending; and the words "clerk's office" mean the office of that clerk. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Docket: A log containing brief entries of court proceedings.
2. The administrator’s order shall be presented, ex parte, to the district court for review and approval. Unless defects appear on the face of the order or on the attachments, the district court shall approve the order. The approved order shall have all the force, effect, and attributes of a docketed order or decree of the district court.
3. Upon filing, the clerk shall enter the order in the judgment docket.
4. If the responsible party appeals the order approved by the court under this section, and the court on appeal establishes an amount of support which is less than the amount of support established under the approved order, the court, in the order issued on appeal, shall reconcile the amounts due and shall provide that any amount which represents the unpaid difference between the amount under the approved order and the amount under the order of the court on appeal is satisfied.