Reports shall be filed in accordance with this section.
1. A society transacting business in this state, on or before March 1 annually, unless for cause shown the time has been extended by the commissioner, shall file with the commissioner a true statement of its financial condition, transactions, and affairs for the preceding calendar year and shall pay a fee of fifty dollars. The statement may be in general form and content as approved by the national association of insurance commissioners for fraternal benefit societies and shall be supplemented by additional information as adopted by rule of the commissioner.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 512B.24
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of insurance or the commissioner's designee. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- Rule: includes "regulation". See Iowa Code 4.1
- Society: means a fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. As part of the annual statement, a society shall, on or before March 1, file with the commissioner of insurance a valuation of its certificates in force on the last preceding December 31. However, the commissioner may, for cause shown, extend the time for filing the valuation for not more than two calendar months. The valuation shall be done in accordance with the standards specified in section 512B.23. The valuation and underlying data shall be certified by a qualified actuary or, at the expense of the society, verified by the actuary of the department of insurance of the state of domicile of the society.
3. A society failing to file the annual statement in the form and within the time provided by this section shall forfeit one hundred dollars for each day during which the default continues, and, upon notice by the commissioner to that effect, the society’s authority to do business in this state shall cease while the default continues.