Terms Used In Iowa Code 512B.25
- Commissioner: means the commissioner of insurance or the commissioner's designee. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Society: means a fraternal benefit society, unless otherwise indicated. See Iowa Code 512B.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
The authority of a society to transact business in this state may be renewed annually. A license terminates on the first day of June following issuance or renewal. A society shall submit annually on or before March 1 a completed application for renewal of its license. For each license or renewal the society shall pay the commissioner a fee of fifty dollars. A society that fails to timely file an application for renewal shall pay an administrative penalty of five hundred dollars to the treasurer of state for deposit as provided in section 505.7. A duly certified copy or duplicate of the license is prima facie evidence that the licensee is a fraternal benefit society within the meaning of this chapter.