Terms Used In Iowa Code 562.6
- Animal feeding operation: means the same as defined insection 459. See Iowa Code 562.1A
- Farm tenancy: means a leasehold interest in land held by a person who produces crops or provides for the care and feeding of livestock on the land, including by grazing or supplying feed to the livestock. See Iowa Code 562.1A
- following: when used by way of reference to a chapter or other part of a statute mean the next preceding or next following chapter or other part. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1
If a written agreement is made fixing the time of the termination of a tenancy, the tenancy shall terminate at the time agreed upon, without notice. Except for a farm tenant who is a mere cropper or a person who holds a farm tenancy with an acreage of less than forty acres where an animal feeding operation is the primary use of the acreage, a farm tenancy shall continue beyond the agreed term for the following crop year and otherwise upon the same terms and conditions as the original lease unless written notice for termination is served upon either party or a successor of the party in the manner provided in section 562.7, whereupon the farm tenancy shall terminate March 1 following. However, the tenancy shall not continue because of an absence of notice if there is default in the performance of the existing rental agreement.