1. Any award made under this chapter and accepted by the claimant shall be final and conclusive on all officers of the state of Iowa, except when procured by means of fraud, notwithstanding any other provisions of law to the contrary.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 669.10
- Award: means any amount determined by the attorney general to be payable to a claimant under section 669. See Iowa Code 669.2
- Claim: means :a. See Iowa Code 669.2
- Employee of the state: includes any one or more officers, agents, or employees of the state or any state agency, including members of the general assembly, and persons acting on behalf of the state or any state agency in any official capacity, temporarily or permanently in the service of the state of Iowa, whether with or without compensation, but does not include a contractor doing business with the state. See Iowa Code 669.2
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.12. The acceptance by the claimant of such award shall be final and conclusive on the claimant, and shall constitute a complete release by the claimant of any claim against the state and against the employee of the state whose act or omission gave rise to the claim, by reason of the same subject matter.