1. A person who commits an unlawful act under this chapter is guilty of an aggravated misdemeanor.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 715.7
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: means individual, corporation, limited liability company, government or governmental subdivision or agency, business trust, estate, trust, partnership or association, or any other legal entity. See Iowa Code 4.1
2. A person who commits an unlawful act under this chapter and who causes pecuniary losses exceeding one thousand dollars to a victim of the unlawful act is guilty of a class “D” felony.