1. In addition to any other surcharge, the court or clerk of the district court shall assess a drug abuse resistance education surcharge of ten dollars if a violation arises out of a violation of an offense provided for in chapter 321J or chapter 124, subchapter IV.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 911.2
- clerk: means clerk of the court in which the action or proceeding is brought or is pending; and the words "clerk's office" mean the office of that clerk. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
2. In the event of multiple offenses, the surcharge shall be imposed for each applicable offense. The surcharge shall not be assessed for any offense for which the court defers the sentence or judgment or suspends the sentence.
3. The surcharge is subject to the provisions of chapter 909 governing the payment and collection of fines, as provided in section 909.8.
4. The surcharge shall be remitted by the clerk of court as provided in section 602.8108, subsection 4.