1. In addition to any other surcharge, the court or clerk of the district court shall assess a domestic abuse assault, sexual abuse, stalking, and human trafficking victim surcharge of one hundred dollars if an adjudication of guilt or a deferred judgment has been entered for a violation of section 708.2A, 708.11, or 710A.2, or chapter 709.
Terms Used In Iowa Code 911.2B
- clerk: means clerk of the court in which the action or proceeding is brought or is pending; and the words "clerk's office" mean the office of that clerk. See Iowa Code 4.1
- Clerk of court: An officer appointed by the court to work with the chief judge in overseeing the court's administration, especially to assist in managing the flow of cases through the court and to maintain court records.
2. In the event of multiple offenses, the surcharge shall be imposed for each applicable offense.
3. The surcharge shall be remitted by the clerk of court as provided in section 602.8108, subsection 7.