Terms Used In Iowa Code > Chapter 13A
- Advice and consent: Under the Constitution, presidential nominations for executive and judicial posts take effect only when confirmed by the Senate, and international treaties become effective only when the Senate approves them by a two-thirds vote.
- Coordinator: means the prosecuting attorneys training coordinator. See Iowa Code 13A.1
- Council: means the prosecuting attorneys training coordination council. See Iowa Code 13A.1
- Office: means the office of prosecuting attorneys training coordinator established in this chapter. See Iowa Code 13A.1
- Prosecuting attorneys: means county attorney, district attorney, or any attorney charged with responsibility of prosecution of violation of state laws. See Iowa Code 13A.1
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" may include the said district and territories. See Iowa Code 4.1
- year: means twelve consecutive months. See Iowa Code 4.1