Terms Used In Kansas Statutes 44-1528
- Agency contract: means an agreement in which a student-athlete authorizes a person to negotiate or solicit on behalf of the student-athlete a professional-sports-services contract or an endorsement contract;
(b) "athlete agent" means an individual who enters into an agency contract with a student-athlete or, directly or indirectly, recruits or solicits a student-athlete to enter into an agency contract. See Kansas Statutes 44-1517
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
(a) An athlete agent shall retain the following records for a period of five years: (1) The name and address of each individual represented by the athlete agent;
(2) any agency contract entered into by the athlete agent; and
(3) any direct costs incurred by the athlete agent in the recruitment or solicitation of a student-athlete to enter into an agency contract.
(b) Records required by subsection (a) to be retained are open to inspection by the secretary of state during normal business hours.