Terms Used In Kansas Statutes > Chapter 21 > Article 60
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Property: includes personal and real property. See Kansas Statutes 77-201
- State: when applied to the different parts of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories. See Kansas Statutes 77-201