|§ 32:1420||Enactment; text|
|§ 32:1421||“Licensing authority” defined|
|§ 32:1422||Administrator; compensation|
|§ 32:1423||“Executive head” defined|
|§ 32:1424||“Intoxicating liquor” defined|
|§ 32:1425||“Narcotic drug” defined|
Terms Used In Louisiana Revised Statutes > Title 32 > Chapter 9
- Bail: Security given for the release of a criminal defendant or witness from legal custody (usually in the form of money) to secure his/her appearance on the day and time appointed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant.