(1) whose driving privileges are suspended under this article; and
Terms Used In Indiana Code 9-25-6-15
- Highway: includes county bridges and state and county roads, unless otherwise expressly provided. See Indiana Code 1-1-4-5
must pay a reinstatement fee to the bureau as provided in subsection (b).
(b) The reinstatement fee under subsection (a) is as follows:
(1) For a first suspension, two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
(2) For a second suspension, five hundred dollars ($500).
(3) For a third or subsequent suspension, one thousand dollars ($1,000).
(c) Each fee paid under this section or section 15.1 of this chapter shall be deposited in the financial responsibility compliance verification fund established by IC § 9-25-9-7 as follows:
(1) Forty-eight percent (48%) of a fee paid after a first suspension.
(2) Thirty-nine percent (39%) of a fee paid after a second suspension.
(3) Twenty-seven percent (27%) of a fee paid after a third or subsequent suspension.
The remaining amount of each fee paid under this section or section 15.1 of this chapter must be deposited in the motor vehicle highway account.
(1) a person’s driving privileges are suspended for registering or operating a vehicle in violation of IC § 9-25-4-1;
(2) the person is required to pay a fee for the reinstatement of the person’s license under this section; and
(3) the person later establishes that the person did not register or operate a vehicle in violation of IC § 9-25-4-1;
the fee paid by the person under this section shall be refunded.
(e) An individual who has had a suspension imposed under this article terminated by submitting proof of future financial responsibility under IC § 9-25-4-3, IC § 9-25-5-1, or section 3(d) of this chapter for the required time period is not required to pay a reinstatement fee under this section in order to have his or her driving privileges reinstated.
[Pre-1991 Recodification Citation: 9-2-1-11(c) part; Pre-2016 Revision Citation: subsection (b) formerly 9-29-10-1.]
As added by P.L.2-1991, SEC.13. Amended by P.L.80-2010, SEC.13; P.L.125-2012, SEC.271; P.L.198-2016, SEC.543; P.L.178-2019, SEC.56; P.L.86-2021, SEC.9.