1. Appeal of judgment of conviction or order to the Law Court.  Except as otherwise specifically provided, in any criminal proceeding in the District Court, a defendant aggrieved by a judgment of conviction, ruling or order may appeal to the Supreme Judicial Court sitting as the Law Court.
[ 2001, c. 471, Pt. D, §16 (AMD) .]

2. Appeal to the Superior Court.  If an appeal from the District Court must be taken to the Superior Court, the appeal must be to the Superior Court in the county where the offense on which the judgment of conviction or order was rendered is alleged to have been committed. Venue may be transferred at the discretion of the Chief Justice of the Superior Court.
[ 1999, c. 731, Pt. ZZZ, §15 (NEW); 1999, c. 731, Pt. ZZZ, §42 (AFF) .]

3. Time for taking of appeal.  The Supreme Judicial Court shall provide by rule the time for taking the appeal and the manner and any conditions for the taking of the appeal.
[ 1999, c. 731, Pt. ZZZ, §15 (NEW); 1999, c. 731, Pt. ZZZ, §42 (AFF) .]


1965, c. 356, §59 (RPR). 1969, c. 501, §2 (AMD). 1981, c. 647, §4 (AMD). 1987, c. 166, §1 (RPR). 1999, c. 731, §ZZZ42 (AFF). 1999, c. 731, §ZZZ15 (RPR). 2001, c. 471, §D16 (AMD).