|§ 2005||Law enforcement agency responsibilities|
Terms Used In Maine Revised Statutes > Title 17 > Chapter 69
- Answer: The formal written statement by a defendant responding to a civil complaint and setting forth the grounds for defense.
- Department: means the Department of Health and Human Services. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 22 Sec. 1-A
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Oath: includes an affirmation, when affirmation is allowed. See Maine Revised Statutes Title 15 Sec. 225
- Statute: A law passed by a legislature.