|§ 9.01||Trade Injurious to Health|
|§ 9.02||Refusal to Give Bond|
|§ 9.03||Requisites of Bond|
|§ 9.04||Suit Upon Bond|
|§ 9.06||Unwholesome Food|
Terms Used In Texas Code of Criminal Procedure Chapter 9 - Offenses Injurious to Public Health
- Chambers: A judge's office.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Defendant: In a civil suit, the person complained against; in a criminal case, the person accused of the crime.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Indictment: The formal charge issued by a grand jury stating that there is enough evidence that the defendant committed the crime to justify having a trial; it is used primarily for felonies.
- Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence.
- Verdict: The decision of a petit jury or a judge.