|§ 287.291||Service animal not subject to licensing fee; definitions|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 287 > Act 207 of 1970
- Administrator: means the director of the department or his or her designated representative. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- domestic limited liability company: means an entity that is an unincorporated membership organization formed under this act. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Foreign limited liability company: means a limited liability company formed under laws other than the laws of this state. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o