|§ 287.308||Stealing or holding dog in possession; penalty|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 287 > Act 309 of 1939
- Administrator: means the director of the department or his or her designated representative. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Articles of organization: means the original documents filed to organize a limited liability company, as amended or restated by certificates of correction, amendment, or merger, by restated articles, or by other instruments filed or issued under any statute. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Department: means the department of licensing and regulatory affairs. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Foreign limited liability company: means a limited liability company formed under laws other than the laws of this state. See Michigan Laws 450.4102
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o