|§ 752.62||Possession of service animal; false representation|
|§ 752.63||Violation as misdemeanor; penalty|
|§ 752.64||Telephone complaint hotline; use; referral to law enforcement agency|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 752 > Act 82 of 1981
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- person with a disability: includes a veteran who has been diagnosed with 1 or more of the following:
(i) Post-traumatic stress disorder. See Michigan Laws 752.61
- Service animal: means all of the following:
(i) That term as defined in 28 CFR 36. See Michigan Laws 752.61
- Veteran: means any of the following:
(i) A person who performed military service in the armed forces for a period of more than 90 days and separated from the armed forces in a manner other than a dishonorable discharge. See Michigan Laws 752.61