|§ 28.751||Short title|
|§ 28.752||Michigan Amber alert plan; establishment; design|
|§ 28.754||False report of abducted or missing child; violation; penalty; order for payment of costs; definitions|
|§ 28.755||Michigan Amber alert fund|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 28 > Act 712 of 2002
- Agent: means a person that solicits, takes orders, or sells nursery stock in this state for a grower or dealer of nursery stock, but not on the premises or place of business of the grower or dealer of nursery stock. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Appraisal: A determination of property value.
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Assets: (1) The property comprising the estate of a deceased person, or (2) the property in a trust account.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Clinical certificate: means the written conclusion and statements of a physician or a licensed psychologist that an individual is a person requiring treatment, together with the information and opinions, in reasonable detail, that underlie the conclusion, on the form prescribed by the department or on a substantially similar form. See Michigan Laws 330.1400
- Commission: means the Michigan superconducting super collider commission created in section 4. See Michigan Laws 3.813
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Complaint: A written statement by the plaintiff stating the wrongs allegedly committed by the defendant.
- Continuance: Putting off of a hearing ot trial until a later time.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the probate court or the court with responsibility with regard to mental health services for the county of residence of the subject of a petition, or for the county in which the subject of a petition was found. See Michigan Laws 330.1400
- Custom blend: means a fertilizer blended according to specifications provided to a blender in a soil test nutrient recommendation or blended as specifically requested by the consumer prior to blending. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of commerce. See Michigan Laws 3.813
- Department: means the director of the department of natural resources or his or her designee to whom the director delegates a power or duty by written instrument. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Department: means the department of agriculture and rural development. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Department: means the department of agriculture and rural development. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Director: means the director of the department or his or her designee. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Director: means the director of the department or an employee of the department authorized by the director. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Distribute: means to import, consign, sell, barter, offer for sale, solicit orders for sale, or otherwise supply fertilizer for sale or use in this state. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Distributor: means any person who distributes fertilizer for sale or use in this state. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fair market value: The price at which an asset would change hands in a transaction between a willing, informed buyer and a willing, informed seller.
- Fee simple: Absolute title to property with no limitations or restrictions regarding the person who may inherit it.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fertilizer: means a substance containing 1 or more recognized plant nutrients, which substance is used for its plant nutrient content and which is designed for use, or claimed to have value, in promoting plant growth. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fraud: Intentional deception resulting in injury to another.
- Fund: means the fertilizer control fund created under section 8514. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Gift: A voluntary transfer or conveyance of property without consideration, or for less than full and adequate consideration based on fair market value.
- Grade: means the percentage guarantee of total nitrogen (N), available phosphate (P2O5), and soluble potash (K2O), of a fertilizer. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- in writing: shall be construed to include printing, engraving, and lithographing; except that if the written signature of a person is required by law, the signature shall be the proper handwriting of the person or, if the person is unable to write, the person's proper mark, which may be, unless otherwise expressly prohibited by law, a clear and classifiable fingerprint of the person made with ink or another substance. See Michigan Laws 8.3q
- Insect pests: means insects or other invertebrates injurious to plants or plant products. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Label: means any written, printed, or graphic matter on or attached to packaged fertilizer or used to identify fertilizer distributed in bulk or held in bulk storage. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Labeling: means all labels and other written, printed, electronic, or graphic matter upon or accompanying any fertilizer at any time, and includes advertising, sales literature, brochures, posters, and internet, television, and radio announcements used in promoting the sale of that fertilizer. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Licensee: means the person who receives a license to manufacture or distribute fertilizers under this part. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Manufacture: means to process, granulate, compound, produce, mix, blend, or alter the composition of fertilizer or fertilizer materials. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- month: means a calendar month; the word "year" a calendar year; and the word "year" alone shall be equivalent to the words "year of our Lord". See Michigan Laws 8.3j
- Nursery: means any grounds or premises on or in which nursery stock is propagated, grown, or cultivated for the purpose of distributing or selling nursery stock as a business. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Nursery dealer: means a person that is not a grower or an original producer of nursery stock in this state, that buys nursery stock for the purpose of reselling or reshipping independently of the control of any nursery grower or nursery dealer, or that is engaged with a nursery grower or nursery dealer in handling nursery stock on a consignment basis. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Nursery stock: means all domesticated or wild botanically classified hardy perennial or biennial trees, shrubs, vines, and other plants; cuttings, grafts, scions, buds, bulbs, rhizomes, or roots of any of these; and fruit pits. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- nurseryman: means a person owning, leasing, managing, or in charge of a nursery. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Parcel: means that portion of a property that has unity of ownership, contiguity, and unity of use. See Michigan Laws 3.813
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 286.202
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- Person: means an individual, partnership, association, firm, limited liability company, or corporation. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a
- person requiring treatment: means (a), (b), or (c):
(a) An individual who has mental illness, and who as a result of that mental illness can reasonably be expected within the near future to intentionally or unintentionally seriously physically injure himself, herself, or another individual, and who has engaged in an act or acts or made significant threats that are substantially supportive of the expectation. See Michigan Laws 330.1401
Personal property: All property that is not real property. Places: means vessels, cars and other vehicles, buildings, docks, nurseries, orchards, and other premises where plants or plant products are grown, kept, or handled. See Michigan Laws 286.202 Plant diseases: means fungi, bacteria, nematodes, and viruses, injurious to plants or plant products, and the pathological condition in plants or plant products caused by fungi, bacteria, nematodes, and viruses. See Michigan Laws 286.202 Plants or plant products: means trees, shrubs, vines, fruit, forage and cereal plants, and all other plants, cuttings, grafts, scions, buds, and all other parts of plants; including fruit, vegetables, roots, bulbs, pips, seeds, wood, lumber, and all other plant products. See Michigan Laws 286.202 Preadmission screening unit: means a service component of a community mental health services program established under section 409. See Michigan Laws 330.1400 Probate: Proving a will Probation: A sentencing alternative to imprisonment in which the court releases convicted defendants under supervision as long as certain conditions are observed. Property: means real estate, personal property, and any thing or substance connected with real estate or personal property whether or not it has value. See Michigan Laws 286.202 Public law: A public bill or joint resolution that has passed both chambers and been enacted into law. Public laws have general applicability nationwide. Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business. Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land. Registrant: means the person who registers a product under this part. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a Remainder: An interest in property that takes effect in the future at a specified time or after the occurrence of some event, such as the death of a life tenant. Rule: means a rule promulgated pursuant to the administrative procedures act of 1969, 1969 PA 306, MCL 24. See Michigan Laws 324.301 Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims. shall not apply: means that the pertinent provision is not operative as to certain persons or things or in conjunction with a particular date or dates. See Michigan Laws 8.4c Soil conditioner: means any substance that is used or intended for use to improve the physical characteristics of soil, including, but not limited to, materials such as peat moss and peat products, composted products, synthetic soil conditioners, or other products that are worked into the soil or are applied on the surface to improve the properties of the soil for enhancing plant growth. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a Specialty fertilizer: means any fertilizer distributed primarily for nonfarm use, such as use in connection with home gardens, lawns, shrubbery, flowers, golf courses, parks, and cemeteries, and may include fertilizers used for research or experimental purposes. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o Statute: A law passed by a legislature. Superconducting super collider: means a 20 trillion electron volt superconducting super colliding particle beam accelerator proposed by the United States department of energy. See Michigan Laws 3.813 Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries. Ton: means a net weight of 2,000 pounds avoirdupois. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a Trial: A hearing that takes place when the defendant pleads "not guilty" and witnesses are required to come to court to give evidence. Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust. United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o Use: means the loading, mixing, applying, storing, transporting, or disposing of a fertilizer. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a Venue: The geographical location in which a case is tried.