|§ 30-6-1||Abandonment or abuse of a child|
|§ 30-6-2||Abandonment of dependent|
|§ 30-6-3||Contributing to delinquency of minor|
|§ 30-6-4||Obstruction of reporting or investigation of child abuse or neglect|
Terms Used In New Mexico Statutes > Chapter 30 > Article 6
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Guardian: A person legally empowered and charged with the duty of taking care of and managing the property of another person who because of age, intellect, or health, is incapable of managing his (her) own affairs.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.