|§ 28.761||Short title|
|§ 28.762||Child abduction; broadcast|
|§ 28.763||Information to be broadcast|
|§ 28.764||Radio and television stations to which information provided; method|
|§ 28.765||Liability; immunity|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 28 > Act 713 of 2002 - Child Abduction Broadcast Act
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Appeal: A request made after a trial, asking another court (usually the court of appeals) to decide whether the trial was conducted properly. To make such a request is "to appeal" or "to take an appeal." One who appeals is called the appellant.
- Apples: means all varieties of apples. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Aquifer: means a geologic formation, group of formations, or part of a formation capable of yielding a significant amount of groundwater to wells or springs. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Aquifer sensitivity: means a hydrogeologic function representing the inherent abilities of materials surrounding the aquifer to attenuate the movement of nitrogen fertilizers into that aquifer. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Arrest: Taking physical custody of a person by lawful authority.
- Bankruptcy: Refers to statutes and judicial proceedings involving persons or businesses that cannot pay their debts and seek the assistance of the court in getting a fresh start. Under the protection of the bankruptcy court, debtors may discharge their debts, perhaps by paying a portion of each debt. Bankruptcy judges preside over these proceedings.
- Clinical certificate: means the written conclusion and statements of a physician or a licensed psychologist that an individual is a person requiring treatment, together with the information and opinions, in reasonable detail, that underlie the conclusion, on the form prescribed by the department or on a substantially similar form. See Michigan Laws 330.1400
- Commission: means the Michigan superconducting super collider commission created in section 4. See Michigan Laws 3.813
- Common law: The legal system that originated in England and is now in use in the United States. It is based on judicial decisions rather than legislative action.
- Contract: A legal written agreement that becomes binding when signed.
- Controlled atmosphere storage: means the storage of fruits or vegetables in an approved sealed storage room or in an approved sealed storage building, or in a sealed storage space within the room or building, under controlled conditions of time in days, oxygen content, carbon dioxide content, and temperature as established by this act or rules adopted under this act. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of agriculture and rural development. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Director: means the director of the Michigan department of agriculture or his or her designated agents. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Director: means the director of the department or his or her designee. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Dismissal: The dropping of a case by the judge without further consideration or hearing. Source:
- Felony: A crime carrying a penalty of more than a year in prison.
- Fertilizer: means a substance containing 1 or more recognized plant nutrients, which substance is used for its plant nutrient content and which is designed for use, or claimed to have value, in promoting plant growth. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Fund: means the fertilizer control fund created under section 8514. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Groundwater: means underground water within the zone of saturation. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Lease: A contract transferring the use of property or occupancy of land, space, structures, or equipment in consideration of a payment (e.g., rent). Source: OCC
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- month: means a calendar month; the word "year" a calendar year; and the word "year" alone shall be equivalent to the words "year of our Lord". See Michigan Laws 8.3j
- Mortgage: The written agreement pledging property to a creditor as collateral for a loan.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- Person: means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, governmental entity, or other legal entity. See Michigan Laws 324.301
- person requiring treatment: means (a), (b), or (c):
(a) An individual who has mental illness, and who as a result of that mental illness can reasonably be expected within the near future to intentionally or unintentionally seriously physically injure himself, herself, or another individual, and who has engaged in an act or acts or made significant threats that are substantially supportive of the expectation. See Michigan Laws 330.1401
Personal property: All property that is not real property. Preadmission screening unit: means a service component of a community mental health services program established under section 409. See Michigan Laws 330.1400 President pro tempore: A constitutionally recognized officer of the Senate who presides over the chamber in the absence of the Vice President. The President Pro Tempore (or, "president for a time") is elected by the Senate and is, by custom, the Senator of the majority party with the longest record of continuous service. Real property: Land, and all immovable fixtures erected on, growing on, or affixed to the land. Release: means the transfer of an individual who is subject to an order of combined hospitalization and assisted outpatient treatment from 1 treatment program to another in accordance with his or her individual plan of services. See Michigan Laws 330.1400 seal: shall be construed to include any of the following:
(a) The impression of the seal on the paper alone. See Michigan Laws 8.3n
sealed storage building: means sealed storage spaces in which controlled atmosphere is maintained, inferred, advertised, or represented as having a controlled atmosphere. See Michigan Laws 286.371 Service of process: The service of writs or summonses to the appropriate party. shall not apply: means that the pertinent provision is not operative as to certain persons or things or in conjunction with a particular date or dates. See Michigan Laws 8.4c state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o Statute: A law passed by a legislature. Superconducting super collider: means a 20 trillion electron volt superconducting super colliding particle beam accelerator proposed by the United States department of energy. See Michigan Laws 3.813 Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust. United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o Use: means the loading, mixing, applying, storing, transporting, or disposing of a fertilizer. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a