|§ 28.761||Short title|
|§ 28.762||Child abduction; broadcast|
|§ 28.763||Information to be broadcast|
|§ 28.764||Radio and television stations to which information provided; method|
|§ 28.765||Liability; immunity|
Terms Used In Michigan Laws > Chapter 28 > Act 713 of 2002
- Adulterated product: means a product that contains any deleterious or harmful substance in sufficient amount to render it injurious to beneficial plant life, animals, humans, aquatic life, soil, or water when applied in accordance with directions for use on the label, or if adequate warning statements or directions for use that may be necessary to protect plant life, animals, humans, aquatic life, soil, or water are not shown on the label. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Affected area: means the area defined in the petition. See Michigan Laws 286.401
- Affidavit: A written statement of facts confirmed by the oath of the party making it, before a notary or officer having authority to administer oaths.
- Amendment: A proposal to alter the text of a pending bill or other measure by striking out some of it, by inserting new language, or both. Before an amendment becomes part of the measure, thelegislature must agree to it.
- Apples: means all varieties of apples. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Appropriation: The provision of funds, through an annual appropriations act or a permanent law, for federal agencies to make payments out of the Treasury for specified purposes. The formal federal spending process consists of two sequential steps: authorization
- Controlled atmosphere storage: means the storage of fruits or vegetables in an approved sealed storage room or in an approved sealed storage building, or in a sealed storage space within the room or building, under controlled conditions of time in days, oxygen content, carbon dioxide content, and temperature as established by this act or rules adopted under this act. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Conviction: A judgement of guilt against a criminal defendant.
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Court: means the probate court or the court with responsibility with regard to mental health services for the county of residence of the subject of a petition, or for the county in which the subject of a petition was found. See Michigan Laws 330.1400
- Damages: Money paid by defendants to successful plaintiffs in civil cases to compensate the plaintiffs for their injuries.
- Department: means the department of agriculture and rural development. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Development: means natural and normal growth before harvest. See Michigan Laws 286.401
- Director: means the director of the Michigan department of agriculture or his or her designated agents. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Director: means the director of the state department of agriculture. See Michigan Laws 286.401
- Distribute: means to import, consign, sell, barter, offer for sale, solicit orders for sale, or otherwise supply fertilizer for sale or use in this state. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Evidence: Information presented in testimony or in documents that is used to persuade the fact finder (judge or jury) to decide the case for one side or the other.
- Fertilizer: means a substance containing 1 or more recognized plant nutrients, which substance is used for its plant nutrient content and which is designed for use, or claimed to have value, in promoting plant growth. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Fiscal year: The fiscal year is the accounting period for the government. For the federal government, this begins on October 1 and ends on September 30. The fiscal year is designated by the calendar year in which it ends; for example, fiscal year 2006 begins on October 1, 2005 and ends on September 30, 2006.
- Indemnification: In general, a collateral contract or assurance under which one person agrees to secure another person against either anticipated financial losses or potential adverse legal consequences. Source: FDIC
- Jurisdiction: (1) The legal authority of a court to hear and decide a case. Concurrent jurisdiction exists when two courts have simultaneous responsibility for the same case. (2) The geographic area over which the court has authority to decide cases.
- Labeling: means all labels and other written, printed, electronic, or graphic matter upon or accompanying any fertilizer at any time, and includes advertising, sales literature, brochures, posters, and internet, television, and radio announcements used in promoting the sale of that fertilizer. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Liabilities: The aggregate of all debts and other legal obligations of a particular person or legal entity.
- Major source of agricultural income: means that the producers of grapes within the affected area obtain at least 10% of their gross income as a group in any 5-year period from the production of grapes. See Michigan Laws 286.401
- Manufacture: means to process, granulate, compound, produce, mix, blend, or alter the composition of fertilizer or fertilizer materials. See Michigan Laws 324.8501
- Misdemeanor: Usually a petty offense, a less serious crime than a felony, punishable by less than a year of confinement.
- Nolo contendere: No contest-has the same effect as a plea of guilty, as far as the criminal sentence is concerned, but may not be considered as an admission of guilt for any other purpose.
- Obligation: An order placed, contract awarded, service received, or similar transaction during a given period that will require payments during the same or a future period.
- Partnership: A voluntary contract between two or more persons to pool some or all of their assets into a business, with the agreement that there will be a proportional sharing of profits and losses.
- Person: means an individual, partnership, association, firm, limited liability company, or corporation. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, as well as to individuals. See Michigan Laws 8.3l
- person requiring treatment: means (a), (b), (c), or (d):
(a) An individual who has mental illness, and who as a result of that mental illness can reasonably be expected within the near future to intentionally or unintentionally seriously physically injure himself, herself, or another individual, and who has engaged in an act or acts or made significant threats that are substantially supportive of the expectation. See Michigan Laws 330.1401
- Plea: In a criminal case, the defendant's statement pleading "guilty" or "not guilty" in answer to the charges, a declaration made in open court.
- Preadmission screening unit: means a service component of a community mental health services program established under section 409. See Michigan Laws 330.1400
- Precedent: A court decision in an earlier case with facts and law similar to a dispute currently before a court. Precedent will ordinarily govern the decision of a later similar case, unless a party can show that it was wrongly decided or that it differed in some significant way.
- Proximity: means a radial distance of 2 miles from the site of damage. See Michigan Laws 286.401
- Quorum: The number of legislators that must be present to do business.
- seal: shall be construed to include any of the following:
(a) The impression of the seal on the paper alone. See Michigan Laws 8.3n
- sealed storage building: means sealed storage spaces in which controlled atmosphere is maintained, inferred, advertised, or represented as having a controlled atmosphere. See Michigan Laws 286.371
- Settlement: Parties to a lawsuit resolve their difference without having a trial. Settlements often involve the payment of compensation by one party in satisfaction of the other party's claims.
- Soil conditioner: means any substance that is used or intended for use to improve the physical characteristics of soil, including, but not limited to, materials such as peat moss and peat products, composted products, synthetic soil conditioners, or other products that are worked into the soil or are applied on the surface to improve the properties of the soil for enhancing plant growth. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a
- Specialty fertilizer: means any fertilizer distributed primarily for nonfarm use, such as use in connection with home gardens, lawns, shrubbery, flowers, golf courses, parks, and cemeteries, and may include fertilizers used for research or experimental purposes. See Michigan Laws 324.8501a
- state: when applied to the different parts of the United States, shall be construed to extend to and include the District of Columbia and the several territories belonging to the United States; and the words "United States" shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o
- Superconducting super collider: means a 20 trillion electron volt superconducting super colliding particle beam accelerator proposed by the United States department of energy. See Michigan Laws 3.813
- Testimony: Evidence presented orally by witnesses during trials or before grand juries.
- Townships: means government survey townships, and need not be in the same county. See Michigan Laws 286.401
- Trustee: A person or institution holding and administering property in trust.
- United States: shall be construed to include the district and territories. See Michigan Laws 8.3o