|§ 27-2303||Regulation of Vehicle Dismantling Facilities|
Terms Used In New York Laws > Environmental Conservation > Article 27 > Title 23
- Container: shall mean any portable device in which a material is stored, transported, treated, disposed of or otherwise handled. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301
- Corporation: A legal entity owned by the holders of shares of stock that have been issued, and that can own, receive, and transfer property, and carry on business in its own name.
- Dependent: A person dependent for support upon another.
- Discharge: shall mean the accidental or intentional spilling, leaking, pumping, pouring, emitting, emptying or dumping of any solid waste, or solid waste constituent, including leachate, into or on any air, land or water. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301
- End of life vehicle: shall mean any motor vehicle sold, given, or otherwise disposed of as junk or salvage. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301
- Good condition: shall mean no severe rusting, apparent structural defects or deteriorations and not leaking. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301
- Groundwater: shall mean water below the land surface in a saturated zone of soil or rock. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301
- Oath: A promise to tell the truth.
- Surface water: shall mean lakes, bays, sounds, ponds, impounding reservoirs, perennial streams and springs, rivers, creeks, estuaries, marshes, inlets, canals, the Atlantic ocean within the territorial limits of New York state, and all other perennial bodies of surface water, natural or artificial, inland or coastal, fresh or salt, public or private, pursuant to article 15 of this chapter. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301
- Vector: shall mean a carrier that is capable of transmitting a pathogen from one organism to another including, but not limited to, flies and other insects, rodents, birds and vermin. See N.Y. Environmental Conservation Law 27-2301