1. On or before the fifteenth day of January of each year every county treasurer shall mail to each intangible taxpayer as listed by the director of revenue, and to such other persons as he may have reason to believe may be possessed of taxable intangible property a form prescribed and furnished by the director of revenue, together with a brief statement of what is required of the taxpayer under sections 146.055 and 146.056. Every county treasurer shall mail, on or before the first day of February of each year, to the director of revenue, a list of the additional names to whom he has mailed said form, which said list of additional names shall be added to the list held by the director of revenue as those who have intangible personal property subject to taxation.
2. The county treasurer shall keep all such lists strictly confidential and shall not reveal the contents thereof to any person except as herein provided.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 146.056
- Intangible property: Property that has no intrinsic value, but is merely the evidence of value such as stock certificates, bonds, and promissory notes.
- person: may extend and be applied to bodies politic and corporate, and to partnerships and other unincorporated associations. See Missouri Laws 1.020
- Personal property: includes money, goods, chattels, things in action and evidences of debt. See Missouri Laws 1.020