160.905. State interagency coordinating council established, members, meetings, duties. — 1. The lead agency shall establish a “State Interagency Coordinating Council” for the state Part C early intervention system. The composition of the council shall include the members required under Part C of the IDEA consistent with federal regulations, 34 C.F.R. 303.601, appointed by the governor.
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 160.905
2. The state interagency coordinating council shall meet at least quarterly and shall comply with chapter 610.
3. The state interagency coordinating council shall advise and assist the lead agency pursuant to IDEA requirements, 34 C.F.R. 303.650 to 303.654.
4. The state interagency coordinating council shall assist the lead agency in the preparation and submission of an annual report to the governor and to the secretary of the United States Department of Education on the status of infant and toddler early intervention programs in the state and report any recommendations for improvements to such programs.
5. The lead agency, in consultation with any other state agencies involved in the Part C early intervention system, shall submit rules and regulations, other than emergency rules and regulations, to the council for review prior to the lead agency’s final approval. The council shall review all proposed rules and regulations and report its recommendations thereon to the lead agency within thirty days. The lead agency shall respond to the council’s recommendations providing reasons for proposed rules and regulations that are not consistent with the council’s recommendations.
6. Notwithstanding the provisions of section 23.253 to the contrary, the provisions of this section shall not sunset.