195.197. Department of health and senior services, duties of. — The department of health and senior services shall cooperate with federal and other state agencies including the board of pharmacy in discharging its responsibilities concerning traffic in controlled substances, narcotic or dangerous drugs and in suppressing the abuse of controlled substances. To this end, it is authorized to:
Terms Used In Missouri Laws 195.197
- Controlled substance: a drug, substance, or immediate precursor in Schedules I through V listed in this chapter. See Missouri Laws 195.010
- Manufacture: the production, preparation, propagation, compounding or processing of drug paraphernalia or of a controlled substance, or an imitation controlled substance, either directly or by extraction from substances of natural origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by a combination of extraction and chemical synthesis, and includes any packaging or repackaging of the substance or labeling or relabeling of its container. See Missouri Laws 195.010
- State: when applied to any of the United States, includes the District of Columbia and the territories, and the words "United States" includes such district and territories. See Missouri Laws 1.020
(1) Arrange for the exchange of information between governmental officials concerning the use and abuse of controlled substances;
(2) Coordinate and cooperate in training programs on controlled substance law enforcement at the local and state levels;
(3) Provide information to distributors and retailers to help prevent the distribution or diversion of products or substances used in the illicit manufacture of controlled substances.